- ID: 20268
- Views: 451
This family owned estate winery founded in 2006, consists of a total of 122 desirable acres on the bench of the Niagara Escarpment (AVA) located between Buffalo and Niagara Falls with millions of tourists visiting yearly.
The main winery facility consists of a 13,000 sq ft building featuring an elegant Tasting Room with guest bathrooms, and a contemporary Barrel & Production Room with lab, offices, full kitchen, staff bathroom, shower and laundry, plus climate controlled and dry storage.
There is a historical Vineyard Manor House residence built in 1826 with stone from the Erie Canal which offers 2400+/- sq ft situated on 2 floors with a stairway to a full attic. This home has 20 foot ceilings, plantation windows, cherrywood flooring, and has been restored to its original grandeur. There is also a detached 2 car garage. It is currently used as an income producing property.
In addition, the homestead includes a Rustic Barn, also built in 1826 with stone from the Erie Canal, has been preserved and modernized with two bathrooms, a large deck and is ADA compliant. The ground floor is used as a venue to host weddings and events, with the lower ground area providing ample space for equipment and storage. There is also an attached maintenance garage, and a detached spray shed. The overall square footage is 5000+/- sq ft.
The main property is on 93 prime acres that are planted with 12 acres of vinifera grapes including Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot; and 6 acres of apples include Crispin, Cortland, Ida Red, Jonagold. There are an additional 50 acres that are currently planted with a rotating agricultural crop that can be planted with grapes if needed.
With a unique microclimate created by the relationship of the escarpment and Lake Ontario, this property has an ideal growing climate with over 200 frost free days per year and 2600 growing degree days.
The bonus is an additional 29+/- acre parcel on top of the escarpment, which is prime for development, that adjoins the back end of the main property through a corridor of escarpment forest. There is also an existing agreement to lease a local 16+/- acres of Pinot Noir grapes.
With a commercial winery license, restaurant license, and liquor license, an active wine club and substantial inventory, this turn-key business offers the opportunity to step into a rustic yet sophisticated lifestyle as it exists, or as a step toward growing new product lines, market share and more.
- Family owned Estate Winery founded in 2006 features a 13,000 SF winery building with Tasting Room and Barrel & Production Room.
- Historical Vineyard Manor House residence built in 1826 with stone from the Erie Canal is income producing.
- Rustic Barn also built in 1826 is used for weddings and events.
- Nestled among 122+/- stunning acres on the desirable bench of the Niagara Escarpment (AVA).
- Includes 12 acres of vinifera grapes, a 6 acre apple orchard, and an additional 50 plantable acres.
- Additional 29 acres on the upper Escarpment that is prime for development.
- Plus existing agreement to lease a local 16 acres of Pinot Noir grapes.