|Property is:||For Sale|
|Property Size:||22 acres|
This 22 acre property is a jewel. The house is immaculate, the grounds are very well cared for and the outbuildings are exceptional. The R-2000 home has concrete flooring with in-floor radiant heat throughout both levels. The main level offers an open concept family room, kitchen with Miele appliances, formal dining and living rooms, 2 bedrooms (one ensuite), a main bath, powder room/laundry, an office/den and a list of custom features too long to mention. The lower level offers a family room, guest bedroom, wine cellar and storage. The successful boutique winery has 3 trellised acres of vineyard and 19 acres of woodland waiting to be cultivated. Please inquire for a list of potential equipment to be included. The retail wine shed features a display area and washroom. The gazebo doubles as an outdoor workspace and entertaining area with seating for lunches, food pairings and wine tasting. You must see this property to appreciate it.
- Licensed Small Farm (Boutique) Winery.
- The farm is a finalist for the 2016 Farm Environmental Stewardship Award.
- Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) and transitioning to biodynamic viticulture.
- All permits and relevant licensing are transferrable.
- The seller is available to be hired as a consultant to assist new owners in managing or expanding the business.
- Soil and conditions are excellent for L’Acadie blanc wine grape.
- Currently between 2.5 and 3 acres are under vines.
- An additional 1-2 acres could be cultivated with minimal work or cost.
- There is the option to cultivate additional acreage that is currently woodland.
- Government assistance could provide $6,300 per acre towards the cost of land preparation and planting.
- Current production capacity is approximately150 cases of wine per year.
- The construction of an additional storage area for the wine is estimated at approximately $8,000.
- Additional products that have been successfully produced by the winery include mead (from honey bees on the property) which was very well received and sold out in one day.
- At present there are 2.5 acres (one hectare) under vines. These should all be in full production by 2017/2018.
- General crop yield in Nova Scotia is about 2-3 tons per acre.
- 1.75 tons per acre = 2.5 acres x 1.75 tons = approximately 4 tons or 8,750 pounds of grapes.
- 8,750 pounds of grapes will yield 2,500 litres of wine or 3,300 bottles of wine .
- There is currently cultivated land for one more acre without cutting down any trees etc. This would produce an additional 1,300 bottles of wine.
- The rules in Nova Scotia are that a certified winery can buy the same amount of grapes from other growers as they have under vines at their winery, i.e. the winery could buy an additional 4.4 tons of grapes - doubling the number of bottles of wine produced - to over 6,000 bottles.
|Elmwood Winery, Nova Scotia|
|Address||105 Craig Chandler Drive|
|State / Prov. / Terr.||Nova Scotia|
|Postal Code||B4V 8A1|
|View ALL current listings of this user|
|Browse additional properties by type:|
|Vineyards For Sale||Wine Country Homes For Sale|
|260+ Vineyards||65+ Wine Country Homes|
|Wineries For Sale||Ranches / Farms For Sale|
|330+ Wineries||30+ Ranches|
|Wine Businesses For Sale||Hotels, Inns, B&Bs For Sale|
|5+ Wine Businesses||15+ Hospitality Listings|
|Land For Sale / Plantable||Restaurants For Sale|
|100+ Land Listings||5+ Restaurants|
|Orchards & Groves For Sale|
|10+ Orchards & Groves|
|Wine Country Specialists|
|Real Estate Agents & Brokers||Vineyard Managers & Consultants|